Sunday, March 30, 2008

Alpha


Drove down to the No to take down the art show and document the pieces in it. Tim and I took a combined 500 photos. Needless to say his are better than mine and will be on the Onethousandohms main site soon.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

^ Flat black bike on a flat black background. Fucking artsy. We weren't messing around.

^ My friend John wanted to throw this bike off of the Golden Gate Bridge.

^ Bike detail shot #1.

^ Bike detail shot #2.

^ Tim hung 50 something drawings so quick and perfect.

^ They snaked through the whole space.

^ Hello corner.

^ All the pieces are ink of some sort. The cross hatchings on the bird piece are insane.

^ Martin sleeping.

^ My favorite of Tim's stuff. He will be forced to give it to me one day.

^ I got bored taking photos so I went outside and messed around with my ISO.

^ Tim taking shit seriously.

^ Came back inside. As aforementioned I rared up the ISO on the camera so the rest of the shots look like crap.

^ My blue table. Thanks mom. Thanks "Evening in Paris."

^ Santa was drinking a Budweiser on Boxing Day in Vancouver this past year. He also had a killer gold earring.

^ Alternate angle.

^ Table detail shot.

^ I told folks I was going to complete 8 new paintings. I finished 3. I said this in my artist statement but you probably didn't see it.

^ Better in Person #1.

^ Better in Person #2.

^ Better in Person #3.

^ I love old Mercedes. But if you offered me a Caddy, Lincoln, or Buick I would probably take it off your hands.

^ Camille next to a lamp. Funny story about that day. It is for another time though. And yes, all of the photos are supposed to be bluewashed like that.

^ This photo sums up my documentation strategy. Take a picture of a piece of art highlight everything but said piece of art. Ugh.

^ The show came down pretty quickly. It was pretty late at night and it was kind of sad. As aforementioned I am getting the real deal website in order. There will be Tim's rad pics on there and hopefully better scans of the photos and such. Until the next time.

No comments: